Firewall scanning detects firewall weaknesses, exposed services, and monitors for unauthorized changes.
What is a firewall?
A firewall is a network security system that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic based on predetermined security rules. A firewall typically establishes a barrier between a trusted network and an untrusted network, such as the Internet.
What is a firewall scan?
A firewall scan will:
- Monitor the firewall for unauthorized changes.
- Detect exposed high risk services on the firewall.
- Inventory the services on the network for compliance.
How does it work?
Validating firewall security is the first line of defense. Breaches are caused by unexpected firewall changes and obsolete network services cause most compliance issues. Our firewall scanning will:
- Continuously monitor your firewall for changes.
- Use a proprietary algorithm for high accuracy.
- Measure your firewall risk and firewall changes over time.
- Detect uncommon ports and uncommon services.
RED = The service is ALMOST NEVER exposed to the internet.
ORANGE = The service is NOT COMMONLY exposed to the internet.
GREEN = The service is NORMALLY exposed to the internet.