While our search engine submission feature is fully automated and submits a sitemap to major search engines, we recommend authorizing your sitemap for best performance.
- Login to your account.
- If you have multiple sites, select the site you'd like to manage.
- From the left menu, select Search Submission.
- You'll likely see that your sitemap is Not Authorized. To the right of that, click on Authorize Now.
- Copy the code provided.
- In your site editor, locate your robots.txt file. This should be in your website's root directory, e.g. example.com/robots.txt. If your website doesn't already have a robots.txt file, you can simply create one using a text editor.
- Paste the code into the robots.txt file and save or upload the file.
For Shopify users: Shopify does not allow modifications of the robots.txt file. However, Shopify sites will still be indexed and the sitemap will still be submitted.